Indicative Diagnostic Practice Test for GRE?

Hi Everybody!

I was wondering how accurate practice tests were for the GRE compared to the real thing and which diagnostic practice tests you felt gave an accurate baseline to go off of to create a study plan.

For example I used the Manhattan Prep Free Diagnostic Practice Test and scored 150Q/153V = 303 and decided against doing the writing.

Should I use this as a solid baseline for studying or take a different practice test to establish this? Also what updated materials are best for studying for the GRE? I've heard multiple opinions but I'd like to hear from those with proven success/ results.

Thanks!

I found the powerprep practice test offered by ETS (which includes 2 free tests) to be the most accurate. Unlike other diagnostic tests, it’s in the exact same format as the real test which makes sense since ETS is the one who administers the actual GRE. I took my practice exam one week before the real test and there was only a one point difference. 

As for prep materials I just used the Kaplan verbal and math practice workbooks and those worked fine. Kaplan also sells vocab flashcards for the verbal section but I don’t think it’s really necessary.