Medical jobs for college students

Hello,

This is my first time posting on this forum, and so I apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong location.

With that being said, my name is Garin Griffith and I am a freshman in college pursuing a Biology major, and a Psychology and Spanish minor. My ultimate goal is to become a PA.

From the research I have done, I know that I have a lot to do between now and applying to a PA program.

My main question is: what medical jobs and/or volunteer positions are favorable for full-time college students?

I want to gain a deeper understanding of what it is like to work in the medical field, and simultaneously begin to acquire medical experience and hours.  However, as a college student, I am having trouble finding jobs that allow part-time or weekend-only work schedules.

Thank you for any advice,

Garin

• GarinGriffith changed the title to Medical jobs for college students

Take the medical assistant course from us career institute. You can finish it in a weekend if you wanted to. Go to the national healthcareer association website and buy the study guide for the ccma certification, study that for 2 weeks and then take the ccma certification. Boom you’re a certified MA in a month. That’s what I did and it opened multiple doors. You can volunteer at medicinal clinics, work part time as an ED tech, an MA at an urgent care, etc. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...