Boston area sites that take PA students?

I'm a 2nd year PA student in Georgia. My husband is starting his pediatric residency at Boston Children's in a couple weeks, and I've been desperately trying for the past several months to set up some rotations near Boston. The alternative is that I have to stay back in GA until I graduate next March. I hate to be 18hrs from my other half, but it's starting to look that way.

I have called all over and exhausted every resource I can think of, but I'm having an extremely hard time getting any rotations in Boston. The answer I keep getting is that they would love to take me, but have a contractual obligation with the local PA schools. Does anyone know anybody willing to take a PA student for a 5wk period in any of the following fields?

IM, family med, peds, behavioral med, OB/GYN, elective (I'm interested in endocrinology, derm, or infectious disease)

If you're a PA working in the Boston area or you know anyone in Boston, would you be willing to help me out? I would greatly appreciate it!!

• 2 years later...

I'm a 2nd year PA student in Georgia. My husband is starting his pediatric residency at Boston Children's in a couple weeks, and I've been desperately trying for the past several months to set up some rotations near Boston. The alternative is that I have to stay back in GA until I graduate next March. I hate to be 18hrs from my other half, but it's starting to look that way.

I have called all over and exhausted every resource I can think of, but I'm having an extremely hard time getting any rotations in Boston. The answer I keep getting is that they would love to take me, but have a contractual obligation with the local PA schools. Does anyone know anybody willing to take a PA student for a 5wk period in any of the following fields?

IM, family med, peds, behavioral med, OB/GYN, elective (I'm interested in endocrinology, derm, or infectious disease)

If you're a PA working in the Boston area or you know anyone in Boston, would you be willing to help me out? I would greatly appreciate it!!

I realize this post is from a couple years ago, however, I am wondering if you were successful in setting up any of those rotations in Boston. I'm currently having the same issues in setting up rotations for myself. Any help or advice you have is greatly appreciated!

Setting up Rotations in Boston has been quite difficult. I have been trying over over 8 months now. The difficulties is multifaceted:

1. Out of state students OOS: The department of education of Mass enforces a regulation that says the school your coming from has to have legal paperwork agreement allowing your rotation, this comes with a fee. Now I am looking in RI, ME, NH, VT. If anyone has connections in those states I would really appreciate it! 

2. Boston is saturated with medical students, NP students, PA students- even if you do get a rotation it'll be a struggle having to compete with other students.

3. MGH just starting taking a PA-S in the fall of 2014. 

Archived