PA Professional Magazine needs more student articles

PA Professional Magazine seeks articles for the fall issue of First Rounds, the magazine’s student section. The 6-page second edition will run in PA Professional’s August issue and feature articles written for and by PA students. First Rounds wants commentary/perspective pieces about any topic relevant to PA students: narratives about a singular medical experience, peer-to-peer advice on student life or perspective on issues unique to PA students. Articles, 200-600 words, are written in a conversational manner for a pre-PA, PA student and new graduate audience. The section also features photographic submissions of student life, activities and advocacy on the “Snap Shot!” page. For more information or to submit a proposal or article, contact First Rounds Editor Harrison Reed at studenteditor@aapa.org.

Thank you all for your time and effort. I look forward to another successful section!

-Harrison Reed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to get involved with this for the next issue. I love writing. By that time, I'll be in the middle of didactic and I'll have something to contribute! Please post about it on here next time if you're short on student articles.

I'm just waiting for an awesome case study on my rotations. I want to send something in soon enough...

I appreciate the enthusiasm. However, case studies are not really appropriate for First Rounds. We are looking for "narratives about a singular medical experience, peer-to-peer advice on student life or perspective on issues unique to PA students..." Basically, stuff that wouldn't find a home in any other section of this publication (or any other) since it is a student-centered topic.

Definitely submit a great story from a rotation though! We always like to capture the "human experience" in medicine.

Archived