Moving Coast to Coast

Hey y'all. So I recently got an acceptance to start late May, amazing program, professors and students and all. However, its opposite coast from me. I'm all set to go mentally, but often find myself getting overwhelmed with the moving process. From your experiences, what were some things that you wish you'd known before you moved out. What did you take with you, what was the hardest part, did you take all of your belongings or just bought everything once you settled in? ANY advice would be beneficial. Thanks!!

Congratulations on your acceptance. When I was in school, I also moved coast to coast. I'm not sure what your situation is, but I moved with my wife and newborn son, so we packed up a moving van and they flew while I drove our stuff out. We took everything with us. 

One big thing you'll want to consider is whether or not your residence will be furnished or not. That will determine a lot of what you'll need to bring. A lot of my younger single classmates lived in furnished housing, so they brought their essentials and called it good. If you know you're going to be moving back home after school, packing light might be recommended. Everyone has different preferences on what they deem "necessary," so most of this will be what you feel you'll want to have with you to make yourself at home at school. I will say this: You'll want your living space to feel like home. It should be comfortable. A place that you can unwind and have some peaceful time to yourself if possible. 

Just my two cents. 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:50 PM, brooks23 said:

Congratulations on your acceptance. When I was in school, I also moved coast to coast. I'm not sure what your situation is, but I moved with my wife and newborn son, so we packed up a moving van and they flew while I drove our stuff out. We took everything with us. 

One big thing you'll want to consider is whether or not your residence will be furnished or not. That will determine a lot of what you'll need to bring. A lot of my younger single classmates lived in furnished housing, so they brought their essentials and called it good. If you know you're going to be moving back home after school, packing light might be recommended. Everyone has different preferences on what they deem "necessary," so most of this will be what you feel you'll want to have with you to make yourself at home at school. I will say this: You'll want your living space to feel like home. It should be comfortable. A place that you can unwind and have some peaceful time to yourself if possible. 

Just my two cents. 

Thank you so much!! I don't have any kids or spouse so I think that will make it somewhat easier. But I am taking it day by day thanks for the reply!