College in London

Hey guys this is my second time posting after asking if being a pa is right for me. I've decided being a pa is something I'd love to do after volunteering for one. I really want to go to college in London or at least study there for a year, but I've seen threads about people saying this is the worst thing you can do and my counselor has never been helpful with this type of stuff. I'd really appreciate your guys opinions on going all 4 years of college in London and then applying to a us pa program.

Hey guys this is my second time posting after asking if being a pa is right for me. I've decided being a pa is something I'd love to do after volunteering for one. I really want to go to college in London or at least study there for a year, but I've seen threads about people saying this is the worst thing you can do and my counselor has never been helpful with this type of stuff. I'd really appreciate your guys opinions on going all 4 years of college in London and then applying to a us pa program.

Not “the worse thing you can do” but it could be an impediment. There are some PA experiments going on in the UK and perhaps there may be PA programs there. You might want to contact the AAPA for information.

If you want to go to a US PA program, you would probably be helped by going to school here, or maybe taking some classes here after you graduate. Or doing your last year or two over here. Then there’s the GRE for many programs, and putting in some time in the US healthcare system.

You might want to talk with an academic coordinator for a local US PA program for their thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk