true reality?

I am hoping to go to PA school soon and I am a father to 4 young boys and the sole income maker. My erie would not make much more than the cost of daycare.I an not worried about posting back loans,I know in the end it's doable and worth it. My question is can you really bootie enough to cover school and ask expenses for 2 years. My fafsa says efc of zero. I would REALLY APPRECIATE any feedback it stories of success here.thank you for your time

• Administrator

Sorry, what dialect was that post in? I think I understand most of it...

Whether you can afford PA school with a family really depends on your expenses, assets, cost of the program, and how much you're going to be making afterwards. Yes, it's not necessary for a spouse to work full time--my wife does not. You're doing good if you realize that putting a parent in the workforce isn't always an income-generator for your family.

Haha.... Sorry I wrote that on my phone and it kept moving so I couldn't see all of the words. I agree with all of that. My question is whether it is fairly easy to find enough loans to cover tuition and cost of living for an entire family. I see people say they live on loans, but I'm wondering about covering for my whole family

Thank you for this info. Do you think this is a typical amount? Does it depend on credit? I am determined to find a way to make it work, but I do want to survive this...

Our family would never be able to survive on the loans alone. After tuition, fees, books, supplies are paid, it leaves us with about $15,000 to live on. Plus my school does not offer medical insurance. For that reason, I've needed to continue to work 2 days/week during school (just finished year one). Luckily, my husband JUST (after 5 years of looking) got a fulltime job. It's still not "enough," but it might get us through clinicals. I've got four teenage kids. Lifestyle change is not an option. We are already living as fruegally as possible. I wish you the best of luck.

• 1 month later...

Archived