Letter of Recommendation

I have asked a supervisor of my volunteer work to write me a recommendation. Although she is not involved with my academics, she is aware of my good grades and achievements. Should I ask her to include these in the letter, or should she stick to writing about my volunteer work?

I would say that the best person would be someone who can honestly write a recommendation based on their observations of your academic performance would be the best.  

Good grades and achievements are the end result of an educational curriculum.  Otherwise, anyone can write "I have seen so-and-so's grades, and they are good!".  Vs.  "I have directly observed so-and-so during a 24 month course of study; they were consistently prepared, asked good solid questions, demonstrated an awareness of the principles involved...".

• Like 1