Going back to school

I would like to go back to school. I have student loan debt. I don't have any private loans, only federal loans. I know I can defer payments if I return to school. However in order to return to school I would need a loan. I would pursue another federal loan. Although I don't know if that's the best choice or if there would be an issue with the fact that I have outstanding federal student loan debt. I was wondering if anyone has gone through this and could provide any advice. 

These days I would expect the vast majority of pre-PA students have student loan debt from undergrad and the majority of PA students are accumulating PA student loans on top of their undergrad loans.  Therefore, it can be done.  As long as your current loans are not in default you will be able to get student loans, federal or private.