Does MDC require a Bachelor's Degree?

Hi everyone.

I figured this is the best place to ask this as I've received conflicting answers from MDC itself.

I'm a prospective PA student applicant (still finishing up pre-reqs) in order to hopefully apply to next year's cycle. I currently hold an AS in radiography (graduated from MDC a few years back).

I've received conflicting answers as to what type of degree is required in order to be accepted into the program. As far as I'm aware, a bachelor's degree is preferred but not yet required (because the program itself awards a combined associate's/bachelor's together).

This is what I was told by an advisor on the campus when I went. But then I called the health science department a few days later and they told me that it was a requirement, so I'm confused. It's difficult to get in contact with someone that directly works with the applications or the department.

Can anyone clear this up? 

Thanks so much!

Edited by OneTwoThree123
  • Like 1

Hi everyone.
I figured this is the best place to ask this as I've received conflicting answers from MDC itself.
I'm a prospective PA student applicant (still finishing up pre-reqs) in order to hopefully apply to next year's cycle. I currently hold an AS in radiography (graduated from MDC a few years back).
I've received conflicting answers as to what type of degree is required in order to be accepted into the program. As far as I'm aware, a bachelor's degree is preferred but not yet required (because the program itself awards a combined associate's/bachelor's together).
This is what I was told by an advisor on the campus when I went. But then I called the health science department a few days later and they told me that it was a requirement, so I'm confused. It's difficult to get in contact with someone that directly works with the applications or the department.
Can anyone clear this up? 
Thanks so much!

I’m in the same boat! I graduated as a PTA and rushing to finish my last pre-reqs to turn in my application before this November. I’m also getting several conflicting stories. The only good sign I see in my favor is that they haven’t changed the information on the website. If anyone has reliable information we would greatly appreciate it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I am a recent graduate and passed the NEW 2019 PANCE version(s) on the first try. The MDC program is affiliated with St. Francis University in Philly for the masters degree... they may switch the bridge-program contract to FIU in these upcoming years - or maybe they already have for the class of '21. You are now required to have a Bachelors (of any sort, with completion of required pre-req's) PRIOR to entering the program. 

The best advisor to contact in person at MDC medical campus is Rebeca Garcia-Cartaya. 

• Like 1