Which grade should I enter for Organic Chem?

Hi everybody! Kind of a specific question: If I got a B- in Organic 1 at my home university and an A in Organic 2 at a local community college, which one should I assign to the upper level chemistry requirement of some schools? (I never retook the courses, just had to take Orgo 2 over the summer because I was abroad the previous semester) I don't want to seem sneaky and avoid the B- but I know it would bump up my pre-req GPA significantly if I used the A instead. Thanks so much for your help in advance!

You have to enter every course you have taken in each institution because your transcript entry has to match your official transcript exactly. You cannot ommit the B- in Organic 1 at your home university. Add your home university to your colleges attended and enter the Organic 1 course and grade. Then, add the community college you attended and enter the Organic chem 2 grade.

Each program is different but from what I have noticed they take the higher grade course for the requirement. I would verify with the programs you are interested in. I would think your B- would factor into your cumulative and science gpa and they would use your A to fulfill the chem upper level requirement. This is the case for the programs I looked at so double check with the ones your applying to! 

Hope that helps

• Upvote 1