Want to apply to PA

Hi, so I'm just about to graduate from college but my science gpa is going to be lower  (not by a lot) than what is asked to apply. I also need to gain some experience before applying. I was wondering what course of action  I can take to achieve this. My university really doesn't offer a lot of science courses other than the basic ones. I was wondering if taking a program such as Medical Assistant or something else, could help me.

What exactly is your science GPA going to be? It sounds like you are at a community college, you will have to go to a 4 year university to complete the higher science courses.

As for experience, you can do MA. A lot of people do CNA or EMT, since those are high patient care experience jobs. MA isnt as good as those, but it depends how much youre willing to spend for schooling.

On 4/3/2019 at 1:45 PM, Patricia5827 said:

What exactly is your science GPA going to be? It sounds like you are at a community college, you will have to go to a 4 year university to complete the higher science courses.

As for experience, you can do MA. A lot of people do CNA or EMT, since those are high patient care experience jobs. MA isnt as good as those, but it depends how much youre willing to spend for schooling.

'm actually in the University of Puerto Rico and I'm majoring in Human Biology.I should clarify, there is an abundance of science classes, the problem is that a lot of classes are reserved for specific deegres and are often filled up quickly. I have taken a lot of science classes  but a lot of them don't count for the science gpa of Caspa. I'm going to try to get a special permit for them to allow me to take certain classes. My science gpa is going to end in 2.86. This is due to the fact that I had major personal situations going on during my first semester in college and got an F in a gen class. I retook it and got an A the next semester but it still counts for caspa as a 0 out of 4 credits. I was considering medical assistant but I was wondering if that was the smart way to go, since only back office time counts and I'm guessing a considerable amount of time is spent in front office. 

Archived