What do you think of this benefit package?

Hello! I am so happy to finally be able to post here! I am a current NHSC scholar looking for a job, there really aren't any opportunities where I currently live. So I reached out to this practice, and they set up an interview for Wednesday with me today, and they also sent me a document with their current provider benefits on it. I don't know the salary yet, as I haven't even been to the interview. So here's the rundown of what I know:

1. Eligible to use PTO after 90 days

2. Here's what it says about personal time: 

Maximum eligibility:

- Regular employees, 20 hrs a week and up prorated for 20-39 hrs (what does this mean?)

- Regular full time employees accrue 4 weeks of vacation per year

3. Personal time:

- Regular employees, 20 hrs a week and up prorated for 20-39 hrs

- Regular full time employees receive 24 hrs personal PTO

4. Sick time:

- prorated based on time worked

-1 hour of time per 30 hours worked, 40 hours max per year

5. Extended sick time

- Regular employees, 20 hrs a week and up prorated for 20-39 hrs

-24 hours of extended sick time to be used following 3 consecutive days of regular sick time 

6. 403b

- Employee contribution vested 100% immediately

-  discretionary match: 50% of first 5% of employees contribution

CME: 1500$ and 5 paid days

Health insurance- 4000$ deductible, they pay 75%

Dental- 57.82 biweekly

Life insurance- paid

Flex spending

11 paid holidays, some of which you may have to work and have the hours added to your vacation, depending on whether your site is open.

What do you think? Also, if anyone knows of a good opportunity with a primary care clinic with a HPSA score of at least 18 I would love to hear about it. I would be more than willing to move for the right work environment!

3 hours ago, RainOnNeptune said:

- Regular employees, 20 hrs a week and up prorated for 20-39 hrs (what does this mean?)

- Regular full time employees accrue 4 weeks of vacation per year

Consider full time 1.0 FTE - you get the full 4 weeks.

If you are half time (20 hrs, 0.5 FTE) you'd only earn 2 weeks PTO in a year.

If you work 30 hrs (0.75 FTE) you'd earn 3 weeks per year.  ETC ETC.  Prorated based on hours worked.

Overall they aren't bad.  Depending on the practice some/most may not be negotiable.

Archived