New Grad Offer for Multispecialty Office

Background info: I worked for this office prior to starting PA school and also rotated there. I will be their first PA.

Salary Offer: $105k 
-Work Schedule Monday- Friday 8 am to 5 pm
- Paid CME Time off - 3 days
- Membership / Dues / Licenses / Course Reimbursements - up to $3000
- Malpractice insurance

Scope of Practice/Responsibilities:
-General Dermatology
-Plastic Surgery
-Cosmetic Dermatology (Injectables and Laser)
- ENT
- Wound Care management
- Assisting in surgery at ASC

THOUGHTS? ADVICE? Thank you!!

New grad salary is acceptable for someone in my neck of the woods (New England). But I'm assuming COL is higher in OC?

CME $ is decent although most people are allowed a week off. Also, you imply that licenses and such are taken out of CME which would be inappropriate as these funds are allowed for EDUCATION, not fees. 

PTO?
Full benefits?
On call (paid or unpaid)?

You've left out a bit too many details to say whether or not this is a good or poor offer. Sounds like you'd be getting a lot of diverse experience which in a first job is always a huge plus. How is their training period?

Make sure any call is paid, I wouldn't take that offer if it included call, even if it was just available by phone. Also, in a procedure heavy offer like this I would ask for 100K plus 10% of collections as productivity bonus. Also, make sure you're getting at least 3 weeks PTO.

The salary is good, but not for the hours. You're working 45 hours a week with a $105,000 salary. If you calculate it, you'll be getting paid ~$45 an hour. I think it should be at least $50/hour. That would bring it up to $117,000 a year. I agree with the comment above. If you can get some sort of bonus, maybe it will be worth it. PTO should not be 3 days, it should be about 1-2 weeks. If the clinic wants you to work more than 40 hours a week, those extra 5 hours should be overtime (a time and a half). If you get $45/hour, and the extra 5 hours are at $67.5/hour, it will bring your salary to $111,150. That would be okay for the hours. Don't settle for less than your worth 

Archived