Questions about application

You only need to submit your personal statement and recommendation letter once per application cycle. The 2019-2020 application cycle will open up in May, and at that point you can start submitting all of the information you need. For CASPA, you are going to write one general personal statement that will be sent to all schools as you submit your CASPA app to each program that you want. Once you submit your CASPA application to one program, you will no longer be able to edit your personal statement, and I think you can edit recommendation letters up until the point that the recommender submits the letter of recommendation through CASPA. After that point, you can’t delete or change that recommendation. The whole CASPA application will be pretty much the same when sent to each program. Any additional or more program specific questions or essays will be in secondary applications, which are specific to a given program. You need a minimum of three recommendations and a max of five. I submitted five, and the schools I applied to just selected the three relevant ones that fit what they were looking for. 

As for patient care hours, they will tell you to provide phone numbers, address, and a description of what you did. Each school will decide what to do with that info. Some call, some don’t. Some may want verification, but none that I applied to seemed to be too strict or crazy about it. 

• Rilakkuma changed the title to Questions about application

Archived