PCE Advice

Hi everyone! I am posting on here in hopes to get some feedback about PCE. I am graduating in May with an undergraduate degree in exercise science. I plan to work as an exercise physiologist at a local hospital post-graduation. I have about 300 hours as a CNA, however I want to make more money in order to save for graduate school and other expenses. Do you think that working in exercise physiology looks good for PCE? Or would it classify as HCE? Additionally, do you think it would look best to continue to work as a CNA vs. an exercise physiologist? Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!:)

Guest HopeToBePAC

Well, it's going to depend on what an exercise physiologist does. I haven't heard of it before, but if it's hands on then you might be able to pull it off as PCE. It's obviously not as common as something like a CNA as CNA is high quality PCE that is accepted by pretty much all PA schools. Your best bet would be to contact schools you're interested in applying to, and asking if an exercise physiologist would meet their PCE requirement. If they say yes, go with that. Otherwise, stick with CNA. 

Archived