Organic Chemistry Withdrawal on transcript?

I am currently taking Organic Chemistry, but have already completed all other pre-requisites to include Biochemistry with an A (Science GPA 3.8). My top school choices require either Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry or neither; however, after the 2018 application cycle turned up with no results for me (Applied really late ...Lessons learned!) I became concerned I was not applying to enough schools.  Several others schools that interested me have the Organic Chemistry requirement, so in an effort to expand my choices I started taking Organic Chem.  

Now as life is happening, I find myself becoming very busy as I prepare for the 2019 cycle.  I am studying for the GRE, working full time, teaching part time and raising a family, so needless to say I am behind in the class and I am considering dropping.  My concern is that the withdrawal on my transcript will raise red flags even if the schools I apply to do not directly require Organic Chemistry.  

Is this a legitimate concern and should I just tough it out?  Looking for opinions.  Thanks

Edited by jtexasb

Guest HopeToBePAC

I would withdraw if you believe you will not be able to pull off a B- or better. One W on a transcript is not a big deal, especially for a class that is not required as a pre-requisite, however, be prepared to talk about it if it does come up. Your sGPA is amazing so I would just save your GPA honestly. Having an A in Biochem also helps your case. 

2 minutes ago, HopeToBePAC said:

I would withdraw if you believe you will not be able to pull off a B- or better. One W on a transcript is not a big deal, especially for a class that is not required as a pre-requisite, however, be prepared to talk about it if it does come up. Your sGPA is amazing so I would just save your GPA honestly. Having an A in Biochem also helps your case. 

Thank you!  That's an answer I like.  I do agree and I would rather not stress about it.