First year review

Coming up on my first year review at my current position in a busy ortho shoulder/elbow/sportsmed practice in AZ. Been in ortho 2.5 years. Currently we seen around 55-65 patient in clinic in which I see about 95-98% the doc will just pop in and say hi most times. I have my own clinic when he is away currently. Typically have around 6-12 cases per week, I do all the rounding. No real call, just rounding on patients left over on the weekend 3-4 times per year. 3 weeks PTO, sick time, 401k and $2k CME. Currently at 90k per year. What should be resonable with my amount of experience for a raise at this time? Would 8-10% be in the range? He is the highest volume doc in the entire practice and I've talked to some of the other PAs and they don't see near as many patients. Thanks. 

I would definitely ask for AT LEAST 10K more. You're seeing 50 patients a day and doing all the charting? That's crazy. I'm in ortho too and I don't see nearly as many patients (no rounding/call/weekends/holidays) and made 125K last year with similar benefits and 2 years experience (although I live in SoCal so different cost of living).

I really don’t do much of my own notes, we have two scribes with us at all times. I obviously review and edit as needed but the only time I’m doing my own notes is on my own clinic days in which I’m seeing a lot less but that is pretty rare. 

Archived