Direct Patient Care Hours

Hey all. I am currently pursuing my MPH in public health policy and administration and plan to continue on to PA school. However, I am unsure of which path to take as far as employment, and hoping you all have some advice to offer. As part of my curriculum, I have to complete a mandatory internship in the field of public health. However, is it recommended to continue accruing patient care hours as well? I already have about 2,000 from working as a CNA in both LTC and hospital settings.

Guest HopeToBePAC

The mandatory internship in PH that you have will not count toward PCE, however you already have 2,000 hours which is quite a lot. At this point, if you can handle it along with your coursework, it's obviously only going to benefit you to gain more PCE hours. On the other hand, if you're mostly applying to schools in the 500ish PCE range, and have a good GPA, then you might be okay. 

Archived