Re-applicant Question

I applied to schools this past cycle and only made it into a school that's far from home, and of course I initially planned on attending the school so I put down a deposit to reserve my seat. However, due to recent personal circumstances regarding family, I will not be able to attend. I plan on applying to only schools closer to where I live next cycle, however, I am concerned that this would affect my chances of being accepted into a program in the future if I give up this seat this year. Does anyone know if schools, through CASPA or otherwise, keep a record of this and if it would negatively affect me? I heard that for medical school this was the case, however I am not sure if this is true for PA programs. I know on the CASPA app, it asks if you have been enrolled in PA school before, though I've only put down a deposit and this program does not begin for a while, so I don't know if I would be considered enrolled or not. Thank you for any information you can offer. 

The data does not appear in your CASPA application as far as I've seen. Your story is not unheard of and if you've not shown up for school, you've never enrolled. I'm not certain that your story would even be prejudicial in any event.

Life happens. Good luck next year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, UGoLong said:

The data does not appear in your CASPA application as far as I've seen. Your story is not unheard of and if you've not shown up for school, you've never enrolled. I'm not certain that your story would even be prejudicial in any event.

Life happens. Good luck next year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Okay, thank you. My only other concern was I did see someone say that your information is put into NCCPA upon matriculation (but that's the same as actually attending/formally enrolling, correct?), and that schools could see that. I know I could always explain but I don't want to put in all the effort to apply and then have schools throw away my application without even knowing, just because they saw I was accepted by a school previously that I didn't even attend.

Okay, thank you. My only other concern was I did see someone say that your information is put into NCCPA upon matriculation (but that's the same as actually attending/formally enrolling, correct?), and that schools could see that. I know I could always explain but I don't want to put in all the effort to apply and then have schools throw away my application without even knowing, just because they saw I was accepted by a school previously that I didn't even attend.

Matriculating means showing up and starting school. That is also when whether you pass or fail affects the program’s statistics. If you turn down the slot — even after paying a deposit — you never went there.

Also NCCPA isn’t CASPA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay, I just wanted some more clarification. I knew that NCCPA wasn't CASPA, I just wasn't sure what PA programs looked at in terms of this. I didn't want to put in another year of hard work for a potential dead end is all, so I wanted to be 100% sure I can still try pursuing PA. I appreciate your help!

Archived