Andrews textbook very difficult to read ... HELP!

Hello! I am currently a new dermatology PA in a 6 month “training program” before I start seeing my own patients.  We have assigned readings in Andrews Dermatology textbook (which being new to dermatology I’ve heard is one of the BIBLES).  Unfortunately though I am having an extremely hard time reading it being a beginner. It is extremely wordy for my liking, I’ve read it’s written as a “masters style” text.  We do have quizzes based on the Andrews readings, however, I am looking for a text similar that is much easier to follow.  Any help would be appreciated here. 

Thoughts of bolongia????

thank you!

Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy is what my trainer uses and it's very concise, clear, and covers the most common diseases without being too wordy. There's also a really good text covering procedures which I love. It's called Dermatologic and Cosmetic Procedures in Office Practice. 

Good luck.

Clinical Dermatology by Thomas Habif is a pretty good resource I refer from time to time when I see uncommon cases. I found Andrews way too wordy (although I do agree it is a great resource). Habif breaks down dx and tx. Also consider Fitzpatrick's color Atlas and Synopsis of  Clinical Dermatology (there us a smaller version of the book). Both great resources. Best of luck and welcome to Derm ?

Archived