INTERVIEW

On 9/3/2018 at 8:34 PM, FARYA said:

Hi guys, 

Has anyone interviewed at Hardim Simmons? what are some of the interview formats for this program? do they use MMIs?

Hi, so under the 2018-2019 topic admissions topic there is actually quite a bit mentioned about the whole interview process. I believe they have had 3 or 4 rounds so far, maybe more, but I interviewd in July.

Overall, the interview process was pretty laid back. I mean of course we were all nervous, but throughout the day you are sitting in a room with 20-30 other applicants and we all seemed to really get along. I actually enjoyed talking with everyone. When you initially arrive, you recieve your specific interview times which varied for everyone.  Each was only 10 minutes but we had 2 normal 1-on-1 interviews, a group interview, and a transcript review. Ao no MMI's here!  There was not anything tricky about the interviews, they just want to get to know you. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true and I quite enjoyed speaking with the faculty member I interviewed with. I belive everyone interviewed with the program director and then one other faculty. After interviews were done, we had lunch and some current students ate with us so we could ask them questions and they were super helpful. After that, we took a tour of the Hardin Simmons campus which was optional. Basically, the interview process here was very well done and set a high standard for me regarding other interviews I have coming up. 

Archived