Help with resignation from first PA job

I’ve been working for a fairly large orthopedic group for one year and am about to accept a new job offer in another area. There are 5 physician partners (including many employed physicians) as well as a non-physician president of the group. The partners essentially run everything and make all the decisions while the group president does mostly HR related stuff. One of the partners is my supervising physician for licensing purposes but I work with them all fairly equally.

I’m not really sure of the best way to go about resigning under these circumstances. The physician partners are never in the same facility together so I’m not sure who to give oral and written notice to.  Any advice from the seasoned PAs?

I'd give first notice to your supervising physician and then follow it very closely with the president/HR person as they will handle your leaving and probably hiring your replacement.

I don't think there is a hard protocol. When I left my FP job after 12 years I told my doc first and in person and then the office manager.

Archived