Is it too late to apply?

Hello guys! 

I've been stressing out because I feel that I'm running a bit late for applications. Some schools that I'm applying to have an October 1st deadline and are on a rolling basis. Others are January and November. If I get verified the first week of august, is that too late? Am I really at a disadvantage?

My gpa is 3.61 and my sGPA is 3.49 

I have plenty of solid LORs, decent PS, good clinical exposure, non-clinical volunteering, and some leadership roles. I am worried that it might not even be worth applying this cycle. 

I think August is considered later in the cycle, but if you search the forums there are people who have applied in August and have received interviews. Obviously earlier the better, but your stats seem solid and I don't think it would hurt to apply. Another thing to consider is the supplemental essays. Try to get those completed first or you'll be like me still trying to rush the supplemental essays.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 12:18 PM, MyPath said:

I think August is considered later in the cycle, but if you search the forums there are people who have applied in August and have received interviews. Obviously earlier the better, but your stats seem solid and I don't think it would hurt to apply. Another thing to consider is the supplemental essays. Try to get those completed first or you'll be like me still trying to rush the supplemental essays.

Ditto, feeling so bogged down by supplementals right now.? OP could always consider non-rolling admissions schools (Pacific University Oregon) or schools with later application dates such such as EVMS (March 2019), interviews don't go out until June 2019 for EVMS (start Jan 2020). 

Archived