Seeking PA shadowing opportunity in Hampton Roads, VA area

Hi, 

I am seeking an opportunity to shadow a practicing PA of any specialty that is located anywhere in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I am a recent graduate of James Madison University with a B.S in Health Sciences. I am also about to begin volunteering as an EMT with a rescue squad in Virginia Beach.  If you have an information on potential shadowing opportunities, please feel free to contact me! My email is brendan.avery10@gmail.com. 

Thank you!   

Hey, no leads on VA but just wanted to let you know, a lot of folks struggle with finding a PA to shadow. I was able to only through personal connections from volunteering and work, so the EMS thing is a good start. Also search for free/underserved clinics in your area, they are usually happy to have help and you may be able to make some professional connections there.

In addition to the advice above, consider creating a profile on LinkedIn and reaching out to PA's who work in your desired location/specialty. Also, many state PA organizations offer student memberships with benefits including access to a list of PA's in that particular state who have agreed to permit students to shadow them. You may want to look into this as well. Good luck!  

Archived