How much variation in GPA from the average?

OHSU is my top choice, but I'm concerned that I won't stack up for an interview if the all the accepted students fit in the "average GPA" posted online. Could some of the people invited for an interview/accepted give me an idea if there is a range here, and let me know if they think I have a shot. I'm applying the 2012-2013 cycle, currently working on a BS with a 3.3 GPA, 3.1 science, with 85 science credits so far. I took the new GRE and it translates to an 1170-1190 from the old one, 4.5 writing portion. I was in the army as a medic for four years with a 15 month deployment where I earned a combat medical badge and a bronze star medal for action. I will be finishing my Bachelors degree in a total of 2 and 3/4 years, which is surely why my GPA suffered, but wanted to get done under the GI Bill. I probably should have slowed down and taken the loans. I have years of volunteering in high school with a Search and Rescue team as well as various other activities including being a founder/president of a club, currently volunteer at a free medical clinic (9 months so far) but only get about 6 hours a month since it's a college town and everyone wants hours. I did a weeklong medical mission in Honduras through Global Medical Brigades. I am pretty sure I will have a good essay as I am typically a much better writer than science student, and am having an excellent writer edit for me. My EMT-B from the army days is expired, so I won't be able to include that certificate on my CASPA application, as far as I know.

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to give me some input.

OHSU is my top choice, but I'm concerned that I won't stack up for an interview if the all the accepted students fit in the "average GPA" posted online. Could some of the people invited for an interview/accepted give me an idea if there is a range here, and let me know if they think I have a shot. I'm applying the 2012-2013 cycle, currently working on a BS with a 3.3 GPA, 3.1 science, with 85 science credits so far. I took the new GRE and it translates to an 1170-1190 from the old one, 4.5 writing portion. I was in the army as a medic for four years with a 15 month deployment where I earned a combat medical badge and a bronze star medal for action. I will be finishing my Bachelors degree in a total of 2 and 3/4 years, which is surely why my GPA suffered, but wanted to get done under the GI Bill. I probably should have slowed down and taken the loans. I have years of volunteering in high school with a Search and Rescue team as well as various other activities including being a founder/president of a club, currently volunteer at a free medical clinic (9 months so far) but only get about 6 hours a month since it's a college town and everyone wants hours. I did a weeklong medical mission in Honduras through Global Medical Brigades. I am pretty sure I will have a good essay as I am typically a much better writer than science student, and am having an excellent writer edit for me. My EMT-B from the army days is expired, so I won't be able to include that certificate on my CASPA application, as far as I know.

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to give me some input.

Archived