Does this count as direct patient care?

Hi everyone!

I am a recent graduate with a Bachelor's in Exercise and Sport Science. I am planning on applying to PA school next year, but in the meantime, I need to accumulate direct patient care hours. I was recently offered a job with NextStep: " an internationally recognized non-profit that makes life-changing rehab and fitness accessible and affordable to individuals living with paralysis."  They focus on activity based therapy, and a majority of it is like physical therapy, with emphasis on neurological training such as locomotor training, FES, etc. As an activity-based trainer, my position would require me to assess patients, come up with a plan of action for patients based on their needs, walk them through it, modify if need, etc. 

Anyways, I was wondering if y'all would consider this direct patient care? I understand that this is kind of a unique position, and I would need to contact individual programs for approval/denial of experience, but I thought I would still ask. Thank you!

Archived