Background Hx Inquiry

Hello,

I am an undergrad student with a background in the medical field.  I am interested in applying to PA school after I finish, but I was once arrested for assault in the past.  I completed deferred adjudication and probation with no conviction and all charges dismissed in the end, however, I have been advised that the "arrest" will still show up when my background is run.  Will it be worth applying when I finish my bachelor's degree or should I choose a different career goal?

What about sealing records?  I forget the actual term it goes by, but I think only government and law enforcement can view the records.  Not a private business or a school.  

Assault would be a difficult one though, just because of the field.  Hard to say, if becoming a PA is something you really want to do I think you can find a way.  I hope others with a background in law or some ADCOMs can give you some more advice.  Maybe call a school and discuss it with them.  Unless you got your advise from a PA school ADCOM rather than a student advisor?

Archived