Western Virginia University - EMCP

Got back late last night from the SEMPA conference to have found 4 inches of new snow has fallen. Wishing I was still hanging in Tucson.

I tried to search the subject before posting but didn't find much useful information.

I'm thinking of doing the Western Virginia University - EMCP and wanted to get opinions from those of you who have done it, or knows of someone who has taken the course.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Got back late last night from the SEMPA conference to have found 4 inches of new snow has fallen. Wishing I was still hanging in Tucson.

I tried to search the subject before posting but didn't find much useful information.

I'm thinking of doing the Western Virginia University - EMCP and wanted to get opinions from those of you who have done it, or knows of someone who has taken the course.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

I have completed one semester of the program. In short, I am "on the fence" about continuing the program this fall. I suspect that there are better yield options for EM education and CME dollars. For instance, I am considering the EM Boot Camp by CEME. (I will probably do the online version when it comes out in September ($495) verses spending the money to attend the conference in Vegas this summer). That plus an EMRAP subscription, and the Pediatric EM Course (also by CEME) would cost about 1/2 of 1 semesters tuition in the WV EMCP program (there are 4 semesters). All of that said, I may still continue, but, if so, I will only take one semester per year over four years to keep the cost within my CME allowance.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions re the EMCP program.

Browndog

I have completed one semester of the program. In short, I am "on the fence" about continuing the program this fall. I suspect that there are better yield options for EM education and CME dollars. For instance, I am considering the EM Boot Camp by CEME. (I will probably do the online version when it comes out in September ($495) verses spending the money to attend the conference in Vegas this summer). That plus an EMRAP subscription, and the Pediatric EM Course (also by CEME) would cost about 1/2 of 1 semesters tuition in the WV EMCP program (there are 4 semesters). All of that said, I may still continue, but, if so, I will only take one semester per year over four years to keep the cost within my CME allowance.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions re the EMCP program.

Browndog

Archived