CV/CASPA Help, Please

Hello all, 

Sending positive vibes to each + every one of you for this CASPA cycle!!!

So as I'm working on my CV and CASPA "experiences", I was hoping to get some input on how I could word a fun side gig of mine. I just started a new position as the assistant cross country coach at my former HS. As an avid distance runner and someone who has always loved the idea of being a coach, I can't even begin to describe how excited I am to work with HS athletes. Essentially I'm capitalizing on it being a leadership role but I was hoping to come up with a solid way to describe it. I also dabbled with the idea of comparing my assistant/head coach relationship to the relationship of a physician/PA. Anyways, I've asked a few friends and have brainstormed with my parents to no real avail. Any input? Please and thank you so much in advance for your time!!!

*** I wanted to add that it is a compensated position therefore it cannot count as volunteer work (though I wouldn't have listed it as such), it was just a suggestion by one of my friends***

I think it speaks for itself. Be factual and precise in the experience description. If you want to expand on the similarities you see between the PA-physician relationship your personal essay would be the place.

Exciting that you can have a job that's so satisfying to you while you work toward PA school! Best of luck. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 9:28 AM, DarcyJ said:

I think it speaks for itself. Be factual and precise in the experience description. If you want to expand on the similarities you see between the PA-physician relationship your personal essay would be the place.

Exciting that you can have a job that's so satisfying to you while you work toward PA school! Best of luck. 

Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it and best of luck to you as well!!!

Archived