Retaking A&P I and II

I just wanted to get some feedback on if I should retake AP I&II. I got B's in both but I am not sure if it is worth retaking it to make an A. Would this help me or it wouldn't even make a difference? I am not sure how schools do their GPA calculations, some replace and some just combine the two and take the average. Thanks and I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks

I just wanted to get some feedback on if I should retake AP I&II. I got B's in both but I am not sure if it is worth retaking it to make an A. Would this help me or it wouldn't even make a difference? I am not sure how schools do their GPA calculations, some replace and some just combine the two and take the average. Thanks and I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks

probably not impact your gpa much... figure it out using a calculator. does it look better? sure. dont know how much.

Agreed. I would only retake them if the schools you're looking at really want to see A's in the pre-reqs. I talked to a school that said GPA didn't really matter that much as long as it was above the minimum - and as long as you had all A's in the pre-reqs.

probably not impact your gpa much... figure it out using a calculator. does it look better? sure. dont know how much.

Agreed. I would only retake them if the schools you're looking at really want to see A's in the pre-reqs. I talked to a school that said GPA didn't really matter that much as long as it was above the minimum - and as long as you had all A's in the pre-reqs.

Well Its been almost 6 years since I took A&P and most of my other pre-reqs are B's and just wondering if an A when I retake would impact my GPA enough to be competitive.

The age of these classes may be more important than the grades you got in them. Some schools will want your A&P classes to be within the past five years. Check with the schools you are applying to & find out if this applies to you. If so, then retaking them will look good, & getting A's will make it look even better. Otherwise, your time might be better spent on something else as others have already pointed out. Good Luck!

Well Its been almost 6 years since I took A&P and most of my other pre-reqs are B's and just wondering if an A when I retake would impact my GPA enough to be competitive.

The age of these classes may be more important than the grades you got in them. Some schools will want your A&P classes to be within the past five years. Check with the schools you are applying to & find out if this applies to you. If so, then retaking them will look good, & getting A's will make it look even better. Otherwise, your time might be better spent on something else as others have already pointed out. Good Luck!

A&P plays such an integral role in understanding the material that is coming at you... in the past six years since you took it, have you been using it? If not, re taking at a local community college or even an online course will do nothing but benefit you in the future once you get into PA school. It's like a foreign language. HUGE difference in understanding the basics vs. fluency. The closer to fluency that you are, the easier school will be.

A&P plays such an integral role in understanding the material that is coming at you... in the past six years since you took it, have you been using it? If not, re taking at a local community college or even an online course will do nothing but benefit you in the future once you get into PA school. It's like a foreign language. HUGE difference in understanding the basics vs. fluency. The closer to fluency that you are, the easier school will be.

Archived