Transporter / Lift-team position?

Hi all,

I am EMT certified but I've been having a hard time finding a job lately.

A friend told me about a Transporter / Lift-team position that had opened up at one of the nearby hospitals. Has anyone used this type of position has HCE for school? My worry is that I may not have a lot of responsibility as far as patient care goes, and curious if PA schools will look down on that.

I would love to apply, however, I keep thinking that EMT job on a BLS rig is right around the corner (meaning I've just gotta keep trying!).

I'd appreciate any insight,

Thanks

Hi all,

I am EMT certified but I've been having a hard time finding a job lately.

A friend told me about a Transporter / Lift-team position that had opened up at one of the nearby hospitals. Has anyone used this type of position has HCE for school? My worry is that I may not have a lot of responsibility as far as patient care goes, and curious if PA schools will look down on that.

I would love to apply, however, I keep thinking that EMT job on a BLS rig is right around the corner (meaning I've just gotta keep trying!).

I'd appreciate any insight,

Thanks

^^^^ agree with above... once you are employed at the facility, all of the internal postings are at your fingertips.

Also as has been stated, call the programs you are interested in to se what they say cause, nowadays... simply being related to someone with direct care experience will get you in some programs.

If you pick the right program... it won't matter.

^^^^ agree with above... once you are employed at the facility, all of the internal postings are at your fingertips.

Also as has been stated, call the programs you are interested in to se what they say cause, nowadays... simply being related to someone with direct care experience will get you in some programs.

If you pick the right program... it won't matter.

Archived