arizona vs florida

• 1 month later...

It all depends on where you are looking in Florida. I think people forget how big Florida really is. Florida has a lot more than Miami and Disney (unless that's what you are looking for). It's like saying that Texas is no more than Dallas and its subburbs. I live in the Panhandle and am 9-10 hours by road to Miami. To put that into perspective, that's about the same amount of time as it would take for me to drive to Cincinnati, Ohio.

In the Panhandle, with your experience you shouldn't have a problem finding a job with descent pay. Pay does go down the further south you go, in general, but there are some glaring exceptions. As for the state, it has its bureaucracy, but I haven't run into too many issues getting a license or maintaining my license. The most annoying thing we have to do is submit a list of every SP we have, which can be a pain in the ED, but it's loosely enforced and I've even gotten different interpretations from the state. The way I see it is that every state has its annoyances, that's just ours.

As for cost of living and being crowded. Again, this is very dependent on where you live. Florida has something for everyone, so definitely take a look around. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

All the best!

Archived