New grad Started a job in urgent care. Any resources to help me gain confidence/understanding?

If its not in the record, its not in the record.  But if its there, take two goddamn seconds to review.  Because if you kill my momma those two guys are going to be talking to you.  Do it right, or don't do it at all.  You went to school to think, not work on a production line.  

And yes, I saw fifty the other day.  My max has been 65.  I did scroll through the labs tab.  Nothing there- I asked.  Because each one of those people - as stupid as their "cold symptoms" were, was someones son, daughter, father.  

The oath I took said some jazz about "do no harm".  Aside from my wedding vows, its pretty important.  

And thats all I have to say about that.

PS the answer is (it was a trick question):

1. zpack

2. zpack

C. zpack 

5 hours ago, thinkertdm said:

If its not in the record, its not in the record.  But if its there, take two goddamn seconds to review.  Because if you kill my momma those two guys are going to be talking to you.  Do it right, or don't do it at all.  You went to school to think, not work on a production line.  

And yes, I saw fifty the other day.  My max has been 65.  I did scroll through the labs tab.  Nothing there- I asked.  Because each one of those people - as stupid as their "cold symptoms" were, was someones son, daughter, father.  

The oath I took said some jazz about "do no harm".  Aside from my wedding vows, its pretty important.  

And thats all I have to say about that.

PS the answer is (it was a trick question):

1. zpack

2. zpack

C. zpack 

curious why you prefer zpack for uncomp cystitis ?

A few indispensable resources:

"minor emergencies" read that damn thing cover to cover. Extremely practical, not your typical thousand page "quick reference".

"EM boot camp" If you can get or afford a copy, listen to it 20 times.

EMRA antibiotic and EMRA emergency medicine guides. Very useful. I Use 'em daily.

Podcasts - many are too in depth for UC, but "EM Basic" is excellent. "EM Rap" great too.

Get an Uptodate subscription. Now. Saves my butt daily.

Archived