Can I seek a job offer prior to PA school?

I was just accepted to PA school! I will be starting in June of 2018 and graduating in December of 2020. I currently have my MHA and work in a rural, critical access hospital in the quality department. The facility I work at has a serious provider shortage, and the CEO is actively seeking new providers. My husband and I own a house in town and we are committed to continuing to raise our family here after I graduate from school. Would it be a good idea to speak to the CEO (I know him personally-did my MHA internship with him for 2 years) about my career goals and ask that I be considered for a position after I graduate?  

Couldn't hurt! You could possibly work out a deal with them to pay part of your schooling if you sign a contract stating you will commit to X years of service for them? I have heard of some places doing this. (Just my opinion, but there are definitely people on here with a better answer than I have since I will start in August 2018 at school).

Great question! I say talk to them. The CEO of the company I work for, actively sought me out after she heard I was accepted to a PA program and wanted to know if I would consider working for me them when I graduate. Made my day, I would definitely go for it. Congratulations on getting accepted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Hesheridan said:

I was just accepted to PA school! I will be starting in June of 2018 and graduating in December of 2020. I currently have my MHA and work in a rural, critical access hospital in the quality department. The facility I work at has a serious provider shortage, and the CEO is actively seeking new providers. My husband and I own a house in town and we are committed to continuing to raise our family here after I graduate from school. Would it be a good idea to speak to the CEO (I know him personally-did my MHA internship with him for 2 years) about my career goals and ask that I be considered for a position after I graduate?  

I had a friend in PA that was a AT-C and his PA school was paid for with a stipend to live was paid by his employer, he signed a contract to work with him in the outpatient clinic and first assist...maybe discuss something like this...?

Archived