School that look at last 60 credits

14 hours ago, csimpso1 said:

Im looking for a list of schools that focus on last 60 credit hours taken post-bac. I live in Michigan. I found Wayne State and Western Michigan, but I'm not sure about the other schools here. Please advise. 

Wayne State will replace your last 60 credits of your undergrad/ post bacc in lieu of your cumulative GPA, you must email them beforehand and apply for the "last 60 credit waiver" Important to note that they do NOT count any graduate courses (such as masters/PHD) to ur GPA. Wayne State looks at your pre-req GPA and cumulative GPA (or last 60 credit).

Meanwhile, Western Michigan looks at your last 60 credit GPA (from CASPA), science GPA, and pre-req GPA. 

Eastern Michigan considers your last 60 credit GPA, but they're really GPA heavy (with cumulative, science and pre-req GPA all around 3.8-3.9) all from CASPA

Detroit Mercy does not look at your last 60 credits, but their average GPA admittance is ~3.5 in science and cumulative. 

Those are some of the schools I've done thorough research on (and all in MI) and while it's definitely a huge positive to have a nice upward trend in your GPA you have to make sure to take some upper level science classes (biochem, human phys, patho, genetics etc) in those last 60 creds to prove to the schools that your capable, ontop of having a well rounded application. Good luck!

Archived