Ortho call

I have nearly 10 years of experience, all in emergency medicine. I'm being recruited by a local orthopedic practice. I've been offered a full-time or part-time position. The full-time offer is a $142,500 salary (includes 5 days/week in the clinic and 30 days of call per year at $600 per day). The part-time offer is $60/hour in the clinic and $600/day for call.

One call day entails 24-hour, first call ER and inpatient coverage for two hospitals.

Can anyone offer their thoughts on whether $600/day is appropriate?

are you looking to take the full-time offer or part-time offer? are they offering collection bonuses? my friend was in a similar situation with similar experience and he was offered 160k plus collection bonuses. don't know what part of the country you're in but ortho pays big around here

Would be part time for now. No collection bonus. Southern Oregon. I’d like to negotiate more but am struggling with how to approach it.

3 hours ago, NJPL1213 said:

are you looking to take the full-time offer or part-time offer? are they offering collection bonuses? my friend was in a similar situation with similar experience and he was offered 160k plus collection bonuses. don't know what part of the country you're in but ortho pays big around here

• 1 month later...

Archived