Interview expectations

I am a new poster here, have read numerous threads over the years and now it is my turn to ask for advice.  I am looking to change jobs after 16 years, the surgeon I primarily work with will be retiring in the next 2 years and I don't want to be left in the lurch so I'm looking now.  I plan on keeping a foot in the door with this practice by keeping on the after hours walk-in clinic schedule even if/when I leave.  It is private practice and my observation is that there will probably not be an open full time position for me within the next couple years when I need it, as we have been hit pretty hard by hospitals buying up orthopedic groups and keeping all the referrals in their own network.  Anyway, I am looking for thoughts about questions I need to have good answers for in an interview.  A lot of the online "interview tip" sites are geared more for new grads.  I have an interview later this month with an orthopedic group, and since I haven't had a job interview in nearly 17 years, and I assume the line of questioning will be a little different as an experienced provider.  TIA!

Looks like you have good experience, I'm sure they will have you elaborate your scope of practice, what type of ortho, what surgeries you assisted in, etc. The rest will be general interview questions.. Why you're leaving, more about yourself, etc. Just because you're experienced doesn't mean their going to conduct an oral exam at the interview. Grab standard interview questions and practice them with someone else. Don't worry, you'll be fine!

Archived