Retake classes or not?

Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply for PA programs next cycle (2018). However, I am wondering whether I should retake the 4 courses: Physiology w lab (C+), Anatomy (C+), Ochem1 (C), and Biochem (C). 

If yes, would it be just fine if I retake them at a 2-year college? I can't really afford to retake them at a university. And what grade should I get when retaking them?

Thank you so much!!

18 minutes ago, HeidiPhan said:

Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply for PA programs next cycle (2018). However, I am wondering whether I should retake the 4 courses: Physiology w lab (C+), Anatomy (C+), Ochem1 (C), and Biochem (C). 

If yes, would it be just fine if I retake them at a 2-year college? I can't really afford to retake them at a university. And what grade should I get when retaking them?

Thank you so much!!

Retake anatomy and physiology because some programs will only accept a B minus or higher for prerequisite courses. Earn the highest academic marks possible since caspa (central application service for pas) will take the average of both scores 

Example: anatomy C, second: A average = B 

Community colleges are great on your pocket book and the science professors will be a great resource for 1/3 or 1/5 letter of recommendations. 

Fee waivers are also available if you qualify for them.

I would retake anatomy and phys as well. Doesn't matter where as long as you shoot for an A in both. When it comes to Ochem and Biochem I would only retake 1 of those, if at all, which ever one you feel you could get the highest grade in. Some programs don't even require ochem though so keep that in mind as well.

Archived