Should I write the letter?

Hello everyone! 

I am hoping to get some advice. I am applying for a very competitive program and would love to get a spot so I have been working my tail off to enhance my application. I was assisting a surgeon this past week at a private surgery center. As I was taking a break with my surgeon we ran into a general surgeon that happened to have a phone case from this university. I ended up talking to him about the program. He was delightful and told me some great stories about the director and all the hard work that he put into making this program work. I really enjoyed talking to him but in the end forgot to mention my name (whatever helps these days!) 

My question is, should I send the director an email telling him about my experience with this surgeon and how much I appreciate his hard work (he said to email him with anything when I met with him during and open house last month) or would that be a waste of time for him? I would hate to add anything else to the directors plate at this moment, I'm sure he's busy enough. What do you guys think? Thank you! 

I would save your story for your interview; your letter would only acknowledge that you know the surgeon, but that's about it.

On the other hand, thanking the surgeon might be a good idea, along with asking him to put in a good work for you with the director. That might get you a better look by the admissions committee.

The power of networking...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, UGoLong said:

I would save your story for your interview; your letter would only acknowledge that you know the surgeon, but that's about it.

On the other hand, thanking the surgeon might be a good idea, along with asking him to put in a good work for you with the director. That might get you a better look by the admissions committee.

The power of networking...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the advice!! Totally believe in the power of networking. ?

Archived