Paid Clinical Experience

Hey guys I just joined the forum and was very stuck on the best way to get paid clinical experience. My main dilemma is that I am still currently a full time student while also working part time, and I do not feel that I will be able to juggle a separate CNA type program as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I also struggled with this during my undergrad. I found that volunteering at a clinic for underserved populations in your area is the best thing to do. Many places will train you to do vitals and other patient care tasks. I had been certified as a CNA before I began volunteering at clinics, but it was not necessary. ( I realize its not paid but most schools don't require pce to be paid!)

If you need paid, I am unsure where you are at, but many schools also do night and weekend courses for a CNA class. I did mine crammed in 4 weeks over summer and still had an easy time with it. Im sure you will be fine!

Anyways, definitely look into volunteering at clinics, it was by far the best thing I did to improve my application. Many schools want students who are committed to volunteering with underserved populations and I found that I really enjoy it!

Archived