Pre-PA and prospective employers

Guest hcruz496

Guest hcruz496

Hello, 

I am just wondering how others handle this same scenario.  I am a rad tech, also Pre-PA.  I finished my undergrad in spring and am applying for 2018.  I have since been interviewing for jobs as a rad tech.  

Did you guys tell potential employers you are Pre-PA?  I think most would see this as a detriment because they would waste time and money to train me and I would leave soon, also I would need time off for PA school interviews.  I actually just started a job last week and they don't know.  I guess they are going to find out eventually, but I didn't want to not get the job on account of it.  

How did you guys handle this?   I kind of feel what I do when I'm off is my own business, but I am certain they would've wanted someone longer term.  

I personally have no problem with not volunteering information in interviews. Lying is another thing.

Getting offered and accepting a job is a business decision on both of your parts; you both get something out of it. You have not signed up to forgo any personal dreams or to take legitimate leave to go to interviews, etc.

Do a good job for them and don't go overboard in taking advantage of their training advantage (for example, don't let them send you to an expensive offsite course, for example.)

When I was interviewing for my MA position I made it very clear that I am in the process of applying to Graduate schools and if given the position, I will remain here for 1-2 years or so before leaving for school. I was given the job. My time has come and I am leaving in a few days and was given the opportunity to return for a rotation or 2 when I get to that point.

However, I only volunteered this information because they asked me what my future goals were. If I wasn't asked, I wouldn't have offered such information. 

Archived