Application Questions

The Master Physician Assistant Department at Samuel Merritt University strives to serve the University and the medical community by preparing graduates who are interdependent medical providers, demonstrate commitment to the community and the profession through active leadership, manifest critical and creative thinking, utilize effective communication skills, and who possess the educational foundation for continued growth and development in a changing world of diverse cultures.
For more information about our program please visit our website at: http://www.samuelmerritt.edu/physician_assistant
Core Values
The Samuel Merritt University Physician Assistant Program faculty place significant importance on the admission process. We believe that recruiting high quality candidates who will actively engage in graduate medical education and honor the responsibility placed on a health care provider is imperative to the success of our graduates and our institution. To this end, the MPA faculty has identified core values that will be evaluated in all candidates for admission to our program. These values, in order of importance to PA faculty are:
Interpersonal/Interprofessional Communication
Teamwork
Critical Thinking
Patient Interaction/Professional Exposure
Responsibility
Patient Contact
Technical Skill
Medical Knowledge
In our review of your application, we will be looking carefully for evidence demonstrating these values. It is the applicant's responsibility to use the components of the application to demonstrate the above values in clinical experiences, community service, recommendation letters, personal statements, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Hi all,

I spent what I consider in inordinate amount of time trying to find the "Core Values" listed on the website. I couldnt find them so I ended up writing my CASPA narrative using the program goals as a guideline.  

I wonder how many people have done the same thing over the last couple of years?!

I am considering emailing the program to ask how much this will influence my application....

Any current students out there care to chime in on whether its worth reaching out to admissions?

Archived