Lecture format? Computer vs. paper notes?

I'm going to Drexel in the fall and am wondering if any current students can comment on what works best for them in terms of taking notes. I ask because my computer just broke and I didn't plan on buying a new one until right before school started, but I need one now. I'm thinking about getting a netbook and using that to type notes during lectures. Are all the lectures powerpoint and are they available a day or two before or just handed out right before the lecture? Any thoughts on typing vs. writing notes?

I know it's a personal preference and I wrote notes in college and grad school, but I'm interested in what other students do before I get a netbook.

Thanks!

i wouldnt get a netbook. its not big enough to study the ppts off of. all of the lectures are ppts. usually posted less than a day in advance. i wouldnt write, most of us just follow along on our computers with out ppts up and take notes under the slide when necessary. i have a netbook, i wouldnt advise getting one.

Archived