Current healthcare policies

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to create this thread and see if anyone has any advice... I have a few interviews coming up in the next two weeks and I know a lot of people who interviewed at these schools have said to be up to date on current healthcare policies and such.... I'm not sure where to start when researching these topics and they can definitely get confusing. Just wondering if anyone else has had experience this cycle where interviewers have asked about current policies or laws/regulations and would like to shed some light into how in depth you responded, etc. Just kind of worried and don't want to be unprepared or unsure of how to answer.... thanks!

Perhaps start with the ACA/Obamacare/Trumpcare turmoil that's happening.  Not in a political way necessarily, but you need to understand how these policies/proposed policies not only affect HCW but also how this will affect patients and the ripple effect it can potentially create.

Check AAPA for any PA related issues that are currently being discussed/passed.

27 minutes ago, MT2PA said:

Perhaps start with the ACA/Obamacare/Trumpcare turmoil that's happening.  Not in a political way necessarily, but you need to understand how these policies/proposed policies not only affect HCW but also how this will affect patients and the ripple effect it can potentially create.

Check AAPA for any PA related issues that are currently being discussed/passed.

Thank you!

Archived