Do schools look through transcript? Messed up prereq mapping

Guest kennypowers

Guest kennypowers

I did something completely idiotic. I didn't realize I was allowed to use my 3 credit class when listing prereqs for a school in CASPA, so I put in a 4 credit B grade.

I know it seems small, but it's still a detriment to my GPA and every bit counts. 

I suppose it's unlikely a school will notice I also took the other class and I just have to deal with it. They don't accept updated transcripts, so it's not like I can give them my summer grades and add the FYI.

Sigh, you spend hours and hours reviewing your CASPA application and you don't imagine missing something so obvious.

Where I've been, they use CASPA's grades and get a report that cuts them 12 ways from Sunday.

If you can't get the records fix, I suggest you alert the schools you apply to with the correct grades and offer to have an official transcript when they're ready for it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was just part of my programs interviews of CASPA applicants. We primarily used the CASPA application for the breakdown of grades to evaluate transcripts, however, as part of our supplemental application there was a specific form to insert your own grades that were prereqs for our program. From there, we had an internal document that was generated to evaluate the strength of grades that focused on all science related courses. Things were taken into account that weren't necessarily self reported on the applicant-completed supplemental transcript form.

Hope that answers your question.

Guest kennypowers
On 7/14/2017 at 2:14 PM, UGoLong said:

Where I've been, they use CASPA's grades and get a report that cuts them 12 ways from Sunday.

If you can't get the records fix, I suggest you alert the schools you apply to with the correct grades and offer to have an official transcript when they're ready for it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So the grade is already verified in CASPA, I just didn't list it on the prerequisites tab where I am able to select two grades.

I'm struggling to decide if the extra points are worth showcasing the error. I can't imagine it puts me in a good light if I send an email stating I meant to include a different class than what I listed. 

Archived