Application Cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/5/2018 at 10:20 AM, weedonch said:

Hey guys! So I got invited for an interview for March 30... which seems pretty late. not sure what that means... what should I expect? (what is the format of the interview, etc)

Congratulations! I interviewed in December and got accepted but declined. A tough decision, but this means you still have a chance. You should receive an email that outlines what to expect on the interview day. The format is MMI, and it was more straightforward than expected. Good luck!!

On 3/5/2018 at 10:20 AM, weedonch said:

Hey guys! So I got invited for an interview for March 30... which seems pretty late. not sure what that means... what should I expect? (what is the format of the interview, etc)

JMU's interview was one of my favorite interview days by far. It is very relaxed- the beginning of the day you will meet the faculty and have a tour of the campus, facilities and cadaver lab. You go on the tour with current PA students, which is great because you're able to chat and ask them questions personally.

For the multiple mini interviews section the best thing you can do is relax and let your personality shine. They really just want to see who you are as a person. Reading up on common ethical issues in medicine is helpful as well as often you are asked to respond to an ethical dilemma. Good luck! :) 

Super excited for you guys being offered interviews, I really enjoyed my interview and I am stoked to attend this program. Slightly sad they are having an interview this late though because now the accepted class won't hear anything until April and I really was planning to hear something this month... I guess the wait continues ☹

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 2:10 PM, alc13b said:

Super excited for you guys being offered interviews, I really enjoyed my interview and I am stoked to attend this program. Slightly sad they are having an interview this late though because now the accepted class won't hear anything until April and I really was planning to hear something this month... I guess the wait continues ☹

Congratulations on your acceptance! JMU is my top choice so I'm really nervous about the interview! How is the MMI set up (ie are you asked how you would handle a specific ethical situation or do you need to act it out with someone else)? Also, any advice on how to prepare? Thanks! 

On 3/21/2018 at 11:42 AM, weedonch said:

Congratulations on your acceptance! JMU is my top choice so I'm really nervous about the interview! How is the MMI set up (ie are you asked how you would handle a specific ethical situation or do you need to act it out with someone else)? Also, any advice on how to prepare? Thanks! 

So I interviewed in October, which now seems super long ago lol. Off the top of my head, you start the day with a ppt presentation on the program, then you either do the MMI interview session (filled with ethical questions, problem solving questions, 1 regular interview, and a couple of scenarios) or campus tour. Honestly, they do a fantastic job of making you feel welcome and comfortable, so try to be as relaxed as possible and enjoy yourself!

Good luck, I hope you join our class! I am stoked to start the PA program here, but I am super anxious to start receiving information about the program.. I want to find roommates and get an apartment already

To all those of you who have already been accepted - I went ahead and created a FB group for us!! I'm sure you're all impatient like me to connect with one another, so I thought this would help and hopefully we can get a few of us together online before the class list comes out :) Just search for JMU PA Class 2020! 

1 hour ago, kve85 said:

To all those of you who have already been accepted - I went ahead and created a FB group for us!! I'm sure you're all impatient like me to connect with one another, so I thought this would help and hopefully we can get a few of us together online before the class list comes out :) Just search for JMU PA Class 2020! 

So glad someone else is as anxious as I am! Not hearing anything since Oct is slowly killing me lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:23 AM, weedonch said:

I received my acceptance email from Sharon last week! Has anyone from the March 30th interview date been accepted? 

I was also accepted from the March 30th interview. Have you gotten any information from the school besides the acceptance email?

Hi Everyone! Congratulations to everyone that was accepted :)! 

I recently received an email from JMU saying that the class was full but that my application received a favorable review and if I was interested in keeping my application active in case more interviews were to be conducted later this summer. Although chances are very small, I was pretty excited about this. 

I was wondering if anyone else received a similar email? Does anyone know if they have a set number on the waitlist? I’m just trying to figure out if I would only be offered an interview if a seat became available and no one on the waitlist wanted to take it, Or if the waitlist is gone at this point. Thanks in advance for any help! 

Archived