Should I submit my new GRE score?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some advice on whether I should submit my latest GRE score. My application has been complete for a few weeks now and it included my original GRE score. I should also mention that I have already received an interview invite.

Original score: 151v (51%) 152q (47%) 3.5 (42%)

New score: 155v (68%) 153q (51%) 3.5 (42%)

My goal was to get all sections above the 50% mark, so I'm pretty bummed about my analytical writing score. Anyways, should I spend the money to submit my new score?

3.8 cgpa 3.9 sgpa

3600 PCE as PT aide

40 shadowing

150 health and non-health related volunteer

Applying to: duke, Yale, rush, Rosalind frank., Medex, ohsu, Utah, ucdavis, Colorado, Pacific

GRE scores rarely improve by much when the test is retaken, for my second attempt both my quant and writing were slightly lower the second time but I retook the test solely to improve my verbal score and I did by 5 points. I doubt it will hurt you to submit your newer scores, it's pretty comparable to your first one but even slight improvements can bump you up in the percentile rankings quite a bit as you showed in your post. If this was my application though, I'd definitely submit the second set of scores. You already spent the money to take the test, you're mostly on target for the 50% goal, and you didn't score lower on the second attempt. I don't see why you wouldn't do this!

Archived