Should I write a new personal statement?

Hey guys so here's my situation: I applied late last cycle so only got to apply to 2 of the schools I wanted to apply to cause their apps were the only ones still open. I got interviews at both schools. Denied at one and waitlist at the other. I'm reapplying and I'm wondering if I should write a new personal statement. I figured since my current one got me interviews then it's strong enough and I should just reuse it, but wanted to get others opinions. Thanks in advance! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys so here's my situation: I applied late last cycle so only got to apply to 2 of the schools I wanted to apply to cause their apps were the only ones still open. I got interviews at both schools. Denied at one and waitlist at the other. I'm reapplying and I'm wondering if I should write a new personal statement. I figured since my current one got me interviews then it's strong enough and I should just reuse it, but wanted to get others opinions. Thanks in advance! :)

Hey! I'm a reapplicant again and this is my second time using the same personal statement.  I just added a few minor things.  Got waitlisted last year and invited for interview again this year with the same personal statement :)

I rewrote mine completely. While I did get 2 interviews last cycle, I had a pre-health advisor look over it and told me it was a bit general and sounded like an overview of my resume. I redid it to send the same message but sound more specific

I had two interviews last year. Waitlisted at one and rejected at the other. I decided to completely rewrite my personal statement. I think it's wise to use every opportunity to show them you are committed and really want in. Using the same one as last year might look a little lazy. If you do reuse the same would though I would absolutely be sure to highlight what you have done in the last year to improve yourself as an applicant. Hope this helps!

I had two interviews last year. Waitlisted at one and rejected at the other. I decided to completely rewrite my personal statement. I think it's wise to use every opportunity to show them you are committed and really want in. Using the same one as last year might look a little lazy. If you do reuse the same would though I would absolutely be sure to highlight what you have done in the last year to improve yourself as an applicant. Hope this helps!

Well, when the admissions committee tells you your personal statement is great, then there’s no reason to change it.  The reason he/she got waitlisted was not because of his/ her personal statement…it was clearly because of his/her interview.  Because think about it, he/she made it all the way to the interview…. Of course, if you don’t make it to the interview stage, then maybe re look at the statement and see how it can improve.  But your personal statement is something that should be constant.  It’s the basis as to why you want to be a PA.  You just need to be creative in writing it.  

Well, when the admissions committee tells you your personal statement is great, then there’s no reason to change it.  The reason he/she got waitlisted was not because of his/ her personal statement…it was clearly because of his/her interview.  Because think about it, he/she made it all the way to the interview…. Of course, if you don’t make it to the interview stage, then maybe re look at the statement and see how it can improve.  But your personal statement is something that should be constant.  It’s the basis as to why you want to be a PA.  You just need to be creative in writing it.  

I agree. I don't think they specified if the admissions committee specifically said it was great. I'm sure it was a good statement because you are right they did make it to the interview. I was just saying that I think rewriting a new statement that still says the same main points shows that you have put in added effort into your reapplication. It also gives you a chance to specifically say how you have improved yourself as a candidate over the last year. I'm sure many people have kept the same one and many have rewrote a new one and been invited to interviews again. They were asking for opinions and clearly there are several out there. 

Archived