What do you think?

Hey guys,

I know there are a lot of posts regarding this topic, so don't hate me!

Stats: BA in Biology with minor in Chem and Spanish

cGPA: 3.8 sGPA: 3.9

GRE: 151v (51%), 152q (47%), 3.5 (42%)

PCE/HCE: 3700 as physical therapy aide; 80 between ER and blood bank volunteer

Shadow: MD-80 PA-33

Extra: 100 non health volunteer

Bilingual (Spanish) 

Plan to submit in June. Schools: duke, Yale, Medex, OHSU, Pacific, Utah, UC Davis, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Colorado

None of the schools have a minimum GRE (I believe), but some do say "successfull candidates avg 50th percentile".

I'm hoping to retake the GRE in late June. Would it be a bad idea to submit my app with my current score soon? and then submit a hopefully better GRE a few weeks later? I know that would cost a lot :( 

Also...Am i aiming  too high with my school selection? 

You have excellent grades (assuming you have the prereqs), fair HCE, below average GREs, and are somewhat light on PA shadowing, 

If it were me (and it's not), I'd apply and retake the GRE. Also continue getting experience and shadowing (which can also be sent directly to the schools you apply to).

And maybe not be too influenced by US News and World Report rankings of PA schools. There is not really a reliable evaluation tool to compare/select schools to apply to. Best to go see for yourself and talk to recent students/graduates.

Good luck!

Yes, prereq GPA is 4.0 for all school i am applying too. 

So you would apply with my current score and submit a hopefully better one later? or not submit the current one at all? I am hoping to get at minimum, 50% in each section.

I have a few more shadowing opportunists lined up, but I do observe many PAs during my volunteering hours in the ER and have written so in the description. 

Thanks for the advice!

Archived